Eid is a special time of year for Muslims to celebrate. You might be thinking about what to prepare to eat, buying a special outfit to wear, or buying Eid gifts for friends and family members. Here, we have five awesome ideas to make your Eid 2018 extra special.
- Decorating your home can make the celebrations even more special. If you don’t have a lot of time, you can buy some ready-made decorations. If you have a bit more time, you might like to make your own decorations, or get the kids to help out too! You can also download printable decorations online if you are looking for something quick and easy.
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on buying gifts, you could consider a Secret Eidia – much like a Secret Santa each person buys one gift only, so saves a lot of money. You can make it more fun by guessing who gave each gift! Making gifts is also a great idea, for those on a tight budget or for children especially. Find some old items around the house and do some arts and crafts – you could even save recyclable packaging and see what the children can create.
- A great way to make the day special is to switch off your phone and put other gadgets away, and enjoy spending time with friends and family in person. Get out some games or have a quiz rather than playing video games. This is a great way to get everyone communicating and having fun – you’ll soon forget about phones and technology!
- Having a special day out with friends, family and children is another great way to spend Eid. Take a trip to an attraction such as a zoo, amusement park or museum. Or, you could visit somewhere different from where you live, such as the countryside, the seaside, or the nearest big city to explore.
- Eid is a great time for sharing and caring for others who are less fortunate. It is a great time to have a clear out of old clothing and toys, so why not donate them to a good cause? You could also take leftover Eid food to a local food bank, so everyone can enjoy the celebration no matter what their situation. If you see anyone alone, you could even invite them to your celebrations at home.